Thursday 11 February 2010

A town beside the Avon

The Pulteney Bridge
The Pulteney Bridge

The Pulteney Bridge crosses the river Avon in the city of Bath and, all being well, we shall see this river tomorrow. Rather late in the day, we learned that Tigger has a courier run to Bath tomorrow. I will be tagging along, of course, though for reasons of cost, I will have to travel later, arriving in time for lunch. By then Tigger should have made the drop and carried out a preliminary reconnaissance of the terrain.

How shall we spend the rest of the day? As of now, I cannot say. We shall wait on the inspiration of the moment although, because of the cold, indoor occupations seem attractive and I have not visited the Roman Baths for a number of years.

All will be revealed in due course!

Note

In the original of this post my brain slipped a cog and I confused Bath and Oxford. Why, I do not know. We are going to Bath, not Oxford, and Bath has nothing to do with the Isis.

The original may appear in your RSS reader and you may wonder why you can’t access it. Well, now you know!

No comments: